Very ‘Eavy FestivalA big hello and thank you to all supporters – old and new!
We had a blast at Very ‘Eavy Festival at Stadskanaal in Netherlands last weekend.
It was great to meet up with so many friends – and we are so pleased to get such an awesome reception!
The pics below are a few photos taken at the Festival – many thanks for sharing them with us. Here are also some videos posted on YouTube – thanks again for recording and posting them!
– Fool’s Gold – from “In The Beginning ..” album– Ask The Lonely – from “Forgotten Dreams” album – The Other Side of Hell – from “In The Beginning ..” album
Hope you like it.
Rock Diabetes 2014
We are delighted to have been asked to play at Rock Diabetes in October. Simon was diagnosed as having Type1 diabetes about a year ago, and whilst it is a life-changing – and potenially life-threatening – condition, he has had to come to terms with this and is getting on with life. We are therefore particualry pleased to support this great cause.
Other bands announced so far include Diamond Head, Jaguar, Fury, Left For Redand Save The Dinosaurs
Festivals and Gigs
Next we are delighted to have been invited to play Headbangers Open Air in July. We will be headlining the Warm-up show :
- July 23 – Headbangers Open Air, Germany – Memento Waltz (I) and Condition Critical (USA).
Further gigs are:
- Sept 6 – Glasgow, Scotland – Stereo Cafe Bar – with Spartan Warrior, Amulet and Disaster Area
Then with Jaguar (UK), Vortex (NL) and Wizard (D) – the Warriors of Metal:
- Sept 26 – Groningen – Vera – Holland
- Sept 27 – Oberhausen – Helvete – Germany
- Sept 28 – Tilburg – Little Devil – Holland – also with Avenger (UK)
- Oct 03 – Milan – Legend Club – Italy
- Oct 04 – Innsbruck – Austria
- Oct 05 – Uster – Starclub – Switzerland
And then we have:
- Oct 11 – Rock Diabetes – Trowbridge Civic Centre, Trowbridge, Wiltshire UK
- Oct 18 & 19 – New – Northern France – details to be revealed
- Nov 08 – Rock You To Hell festival in Athens, Greece
And still, we are other working on plans for this year – and have already bookings for 2015 !!
Paul Mendham [photo courtsey of Marc Verbruggen]
Forgotten Dreams – CD and vinyl
We have been delighted that our CD released in December by Pure Rock Records has been really well received – the reviews have been great. Thanks to everyone also who have sent us the many, many messages – it’s so good to hear from you and we’re so pleased that you like the music.
The limited edition vinyl LP was released in February – almost sold out!!
We are often asked if we have a “Salem Store” for our merch. Well, whilst we are working on the idea, currently you get stuff directly from the band – just drop us an email at Salem.UK@btinternet.com and we (most probably Paul – below) will get back to you and sort your enquiry.
– Forgotten Dreams CD
– Forgotten Dreams LP
– X Rated – BROFEST 2013 limited edition EP
– Forgotten Dreams T-shirts
… and the next album
Yes!! We are already recording material for the next album. We’ve got loads of good stuff – and we hope you’ll like it as much as Forgotten Dreams.
“Forgotten Dreams … an all out classic rock release … superbly crafted guitarmanship … twelve tracks of pure rock bliss … timeless classics!” Lee Walker, Firebrand Magazine
“Forgotten Dreams … has it all! The compositions of the British present themselves sophisticated and varied …Powerful guitars, double-barreled leads and groovy bass playing combine to create a meaningful , well-produced sound” Anthalerero, Stormbringer
“All in all, these things combine for a rather significant success for a band of fifty-something heavy metal rockers. And these guys can truly deliver the goods whether it’s the heavy metal of Kazakafnu or Aftershock, the melodic hard rock of The Answer, or the anthems of This Heart Is Mine or The Best Is Yet to Come. Hopefully, that title of that last song is prophetic for the future of Salem. Forgotten Dreams is quite recommended.” Craig Hartranft, Dangerdog
|Headbangers Open Air Festival||Brande-Hörnerkirchen, DE||Wed Jul 23 14||08:00 PM|
|Stereo Cafe Bar||Glasgow, UK||Sat Sep 06 14||07:00 PM||Tickets|
|Vera||Groningen, NL||Fri Sep 26 14||08:00 PM|
|> SEE MORE / DETAILS|