Despite the band members experiencing some difficult and potentially life-threatening personal challenges, Salem has had a great year.
Kicking off with BROFEST#1 in Newcastle, UK – we played at the NWOBHM fest and had a great time – many thanks to all who attended, who came to chat with us, and of course to the organiser-BROs!!
Much of the next few months was spent on our new album “Forgotten Dreams”. We hope you’ve had chance to check this
out now – see YouTube. More about that later.
We really enjoyed a number of gigs in Autumn, including gigs and The Netherlands, Germany and UK.
Thanks again to Marco and Hans-Jürgen to promoted these gigs for us – to the mightyJackal and MetalShock for all their support and help – and particularly to Matt of Ear Danger who made many of the arrangements for us, not least our accommodation and a very special breakfast!!
Then back in UK, we played with SoulFlame at our Fruit gig in hometown Hull [ City of Culture 2017 😉 ] – an event organised by Andy, promoting the new Fairview album, which includes one our 1980s recordings.
And of course, there was our gig at the infamous Fleece in Bristol, UK, with the excellent Dream Overkill and the awesome Jaguar!!
The year was topped off with the release of our album by Pure Rock Records (part of Pure Steel Records) on 6 December – see the official press release.
We have been blown away with the incredible reception to our album.
- Forgotten Dreams … gives us a great insight as to why those original NWOBHM acts were so revered and still are to this day, and it’s great to have these guys back where they belong. [Metal Forces Magazine]
- Masterpiece [Metal Temple]
- album of the week [True Metal Lives]
- album of the month [Templo do Rock]
- album of the year! [No sleep till Saltburn]
- … these guys can truly deliver the goods whether it’s the heavy metal of Kazakafnu or Aftershock, the melodic hard rock of The Answer, or the anthems of This Heart Is Mine or The Best Is Yet to Come. Hopefully, that title of that last song is prophetic for the future of Salem. [Dangerdog Music Reviews]
Hope that YOU like it too!